Thursday, March 20, 2014



Well, I like doing this and whether there are a few or a lot who find it helpful...I am going to stay with it.  That is what "one of my readers told me in an email"...........  :)

Many people have asked me over the years why I became a Mormon when I was 17.  Well, there were MANY reasons and maybe I will share my thoughts about some of those over time.  But ONE of the reasons why is because the "Mormons" (nickname....official name of the church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)..........could answer questions NO ONE ELSE could answer.  Here are a few:

What is Truth vs truth?

Can you tell me SPECIFICALLY the answers to these questions?  Where did I come from? Why am I here on earth? and where am I going after I die?  I want some real credible specifics about those questions.

Christians say that accepting Christ is essential----everyone has to make a decision about Christ. How can my great great great great great grandmother do that (for example) since she lived in a time and place where Christ could not be known?

What is the real purpose of COMMANDMENTS that God gives in the scriptures like the Bible?  Is he trying to "make/force" us to do certain things?

How do we know what God is like REALLY?

Will we be with our loved ones, family....after this life? How is that accomplished?

There are  about 33,000 Christian denominations world-wide that all teach different things.....does that matter?  It seems odd to me that Christ called himself THE way, truth and the light....but the teachings of Christendom are very widely different. How do we clear that up?

They could answer those questions and a zillion more..no one else could give me good answers.

In the Book of Mormon (Mormon was a prophet of God on this the American continent  a thousand years ago and he compiled the records that are now available to us as the Book of Mormon.  It testifies of the divinity of Christ as does the Bible.  They work together as two testimonies of the Savior rather than one.

Here is a great scripture from the Book of Mormon if you would like to read it:

" For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do....
And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins....
And now behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul; and if you do this ye shall in nowise be cast out.

2 Nephi 25: 23, 26, 29

Since I am a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (52 years ago) I have reduced my faith in Christ as the Son of God to three things I try to remember:

1.  I accept him as my Savior and Redeemer...the Son of God and the Savior of the world

2. I am trying to read the scriptures and learn what He wants me to do (His commandments, teachings, His will regarding how we live and what we do to represent Him properly...

3.  I try to read all I can about Him so I can try to be like him in all my relationships and in all things that I do during my time on this earth.

I know there is much more but It helps me to reduce it to those three areas so that I can remember them and try to do them each day as best I can always trying to improve.

Well, I am back so I hope you find this helpful and enjoyable.  Jim

1 comment: