Saturday, March 8, 2014



So I read all kinds of books...at least I have been since I retired from BYU and returned from our mission to Chile 8 months ago......... I just read an easy, short one called LIVE and LEARN and PASS IT ON (people ages 5 to 95 share what they've discovered about lots of good stuff)...

Today I thought I would share a few thoughts from that book that I liked...probably more will be coming in the future....some are funny and some are serious.

from a man 51 years old............ "I've learned that there are four ages of men: 1) when you believe in Santa Claus 2) when you don't believe in Santa Claus 3) when you are Santa Claus 4) when you look like Santa Claus"

from someone 79 years old "I've learned you can't tell how far a frog can jump just by looking at him"

someone 81  "I've learned that self-pity is a waste of time"

someone 39  "I've learned that I am quick to count others' offenses against me, but seldom think what others suffer because of me"

from a child age 5 "I've learned that goldfish don't like Jell-O"

from a child age 7 "I've learned that if you laugh and drink soda at the same time, it will come out your nose."

from a teen age 16  "I've learned that it's fun and satisfying to write in my journal the good things that happen to me every day."

from someone 39  "I've learned that the more a child feels valued, the better his values will be."

Let me know if you want more of these.........  sparky7264@gmail.com  

Have a nice day....do something nice for someone...it will help both of you............

No comments:

Post a Comment