Monday, March 3, 2014





Some years ago David Lawrence McKay (son of President David O. McKay) shared a story about his grandchildren at bedtime.  Grandpa was given the privilege of helping with prayers.  The three year old knelt at Lawrence's knee and began the precious ritual.  When the simple, earnest prayer was over, the child remained kneeling and silent. Unusual!  Most scramble into life again with demands for stuffed toys, bedtime stories, drinks of water, and yet another goodnight kiss. Not this one.  The silence persisted until Grandpa questioned why the child didn't pop into bed.
S-H-H-H, Grandfather. I AM LISTENING!

Ah-ah!  And shouldn't listening be part of all communication?  Particularly with Heavenly Father. Such lessons the little ones can teach.

1 comment:

  1. President and Sister MacArthur
    Hey hey, how are you both? How is life back in the states now that it has been a while? It's been a while since I have wrote but I hope things are going great! What are you two up to these days? I would love to hear from you and know how you have been and keep in touch.
    I've been doing really well, I have been married now for about 4 months and life up here in Rexburg is great. The mission was the greatest two years up to that point of my life but now being married is even more amazing. It's incredible to see how far we both have come spiritually in the past 4 months. Marriage is awesome, no wonder Elder Perry talked about it when he came to visit in Chile. Rexburg is a little cold compared to down there in Orem but it's okay, I love BYU-I. This is my second semester of the nursing program and I have two left before I'm an RN, then two more until I have my bachelors in nursing. I really am happy I made the decision to become a nurse, it's really growing on me. I then plan to get my doctorate in psych nursing and work in that. My wife graduated as a medical assistant and she is working part time for a dermatologist. Well that was just a little update on us but we would love to hear from you!
    Buckets of love,
    Jake McRae
    ps, love reading the post out of the learning corner:) keep up the posts.

    ReplyDelete