Monday, December 2, 2013

As I was listening to the news today I wondered how various of you would answer the question-- What does the world need most right now?
I pondered that for awhile and  came up with various answers.  I will share one of my thoughts with you today.

One is that we desperately need people who have a high degree of personal integrity.  What they say and what they do match--maybe not perfectly but to a high degree.  And we need people who present the children of our nation and the world with GOOD, TRUSTWORTHY, INSPIRING EXAMPLES which they demonstrate by how they live every day.  When we "see them in action" in their every day lives we feel as if we want to say "I wish my children could be around that person and see their example."

Along with what I have said above I wanted to share a statement about mothers and fathers.

SOME OF US ARE FORTUNATE  ENOUGH TO EXPERIENCE THE IMAGE AND EXAMPLE OF MOTHERS AND FATHERS WHO ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE SPIRITUAL AND EMOTIONAL WELL BEING OF THEIR CHILDREN.
CHILDREN WHO HAVE THE BLESSING OF HAVING SUCH MOTHERS AND FATHERS HOPEFULLY FEEL A SINCERE GRATITUDE FOR THEIR SIMPLE YET PROFOUND EXAMPLES AND SACRIFICES.
WE HAVE A GREAT NEED IN THIS WORLD FOR GOOD AND HONORABLE LEADERS.  BUT THE PLACE WHERE WE MUST HAVE STRONG AND DETERMINED LEADERSHIP IS IN OUR HOMES--SUCH LEADERSHIP IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH MOTHER AND EACH FATHER.


3 comments:

  1. you are one of those EXAMPLES...Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. Thanks for your examples mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of what needs most right now is what your famous quote is... to remember that "HOME IS WHERE THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS HAPPEN". If we realize the impact of what we write on each others "white boards", good and bad, and how it affects all aspects of our lives and the aspects of those around us. What kind of impact do we want to have? If I can remember to ask myself how each decision I make affects someones lives I would be more courteous and thoughtful.

    What kind of legacy do I want to leave? How can "I" affect others for good and help them to be better people. It isn't about me? It is about me helping others to be better also. Teamwork to better families and a better world.

    ReplyDelete