Tuesday, January 14, 2014




Why does life have to be so complicated?
Or do we make it complicated?  Who made the decision? I did.  Who got mad? I did.  Who was critical?  I was.  Who decided to keep being a pleaser?  Me.  Who works very hard at privately watering and carefully maintaining his/her garden of anger?  Who likes gardens of anger?  They are called that because we walk into them expecting a normal garden and what we find is anger and it is deadly. Anger is deadly. Trade it for something else.

Ok...no one likes long posts...so I can tell  you something you can do TODAY that will make your life different and much better. Want to hear it?

Most of us have a fair number of "negative moments" which become "moments in which we might make negative/unhelpful decisions"---this typically happens every day many times to all of us.
So, I have a question for you.  It is one of the best questions that you can ever ask yourself. WHAT IS MY PURPOSE?  WHAT IS MY CENTRAL PURPOSE IN LIFE?  You are allowed (by me) only ONE SENTENCE TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION.  I know it probably has many answers but I am in charge today and you only get ONE.

Hmmmmmmm. What is MY purpose?  I guarantee you that IF YOU WILL ASK YOURSELF THAT VERY QUESTION WHENEVER YOU ARE IN A MOMENT OF CRISIS, DECISIONMAKING, FACING A TOUGH SITUATION....AN IRRITATING PERSON....AN AGGRAVATING SITUATION...A WORRISOME MOMENT...WHEN YOU ARE PRESENTED WITH A CHANCE TO BE A BETTER OR WORSE PERSON..............

ASK YOURSELF THIS KEY QUESTION: WHAT IS MY PERSONAL PURPOSE?  And remember you only get a one sentence answer to guide you.

So, CAN one single question, answered by any of us in a tough moment...REALLY make a difference? Yes, it can. Try it.  It works because it stops you from going where you were heading and allows you to self correct your course to bring it in line with the answer to your purpose question.

I have recommended it to many people many times and they are amazed at how much it helps in their daily lives.

" Speak when you are angry and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret."
Lawrence J. Peter

Have a nice day.  What is your purpose?     Jim 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this one Pres. Just wondering... what is your sentence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That was profound! I will think of my sentence carefully!!

    ReplyDelete