Friday, January 31, 2014



"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others"

Cicero  (106-43 BC)

Why do you think that has validity?

Here is one short thought of my own on the statement by Cicero.

When we experience true gratitude it means means finally we have come to a point in our lives where we "get it".....meaning we get who we are, why we are here and that living gives us a breathtaking opportunity to profit from living in this world (which is designed to be a School for us to learn in).  Everyone around is may be our teacher.  Our experiences are our Lessons.  Our toughest moments, with time and perspective, can become our greatest  moments,  All that makes me feel gratitude because I understand that without all of you out there, my teachers,  my learning would not be much at all.  So, for that I am grateful. 

2 comments:

  1. Amen. My Mom taught me that when suffering through what seems an intractable situation.....start THANKING The Lord for all the little things within it. Everything you can find to be grateful for, no matter how small. It and you will be TRANSFORMED. I have learned that the more I resist some circumstance by complaining etc, the longer it persists.....but when I embrace it and find my ability to be grateful...BAM! Transformation occurs.

    Thank you for your wisdom. Thank you for being one of my MOST favorite teachers. I am grateful that I ran into you in this life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a friend explain gratitude and blessings in a cool way: she said to write down all your blessings from yesterday. Then cross off one of the blessings. How would your life be changed or affected without that blessing? It's interesting to look at blessings that way and then gratitude increases for sure... Love it :)

    ReplyDelete