Friday, July 4, 2014




Since I grew up in a family that struggled and much of the time I did not see how healthy parents function ....I have asked myself many times as a parent in my own family..... "what is the condition of our home?"

But the true underlying question is "what are my standards for my home?  By what do I measure the condition of my home?"

Of course that is YOUR decision. YOU choose the standards by which your home and family function....

But I can suggest you write down TEN words that represent some of the standards of your ideal home. Then thoughtfully reduce the ten to THREE.  And then study the condition of those three for a month and see if you can strengthen your home in those three areas.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised to find YOU and YOUR FAMILY can strengthen your home in amazing ways.

EXAMPLE:  What if you decide that the THREE words you choose will be:  LOVING ATMOSPHERE, WELL ORGANIZED, and GOSPEL CENTERED.

Then you next question is:  What do we do in our family to promote those three areas?  Have a family council and talk about your plan.  Meet together every two weeks to see how you are doing.  BUT THOSE THREE WORDS CAN GUIDE YOUR HOME AND FAMILY TO MEANINGFUL PROGRESS THAT STRENGTHENS ALL OF YOU.


If you try it and it helps you send me an email at sparky7264@gmail.com and tell me about it...it makes me happy to see families progress by working together. Have a nice day.  Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment