Friday, May 2, 2014

"Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don't judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet.  Charity is accepting someone's differences, weaknesses and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down, or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't handle something the way we might have hoped.  Charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other."

Elder Marvin J Ashton
Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Can such an attitude be CHOSEN or is that expecting too much of ourselves?  Have a nice day. Jim

Oh and I am adding this late----If you had asked me many years ago when I was much younger WHO had taught me the most of greatest value in my life I would have named a large number of people who had entered my life and taught me many amazing things....BUT...having said that....I will now give you the answer to that question that comes from the Jim MacArthur who is three weeks from his 69th birthday--------------the person who has taught me the most is not just ONE person....THOSE who have taught me the most are my ten children: Toran, David, Paul, Mike, Lindi, Lori, Don, Debbie, Mark, and Sharolyn MacArthur

and WHO made them into people who could teach me so much?  THEIR MOTHER--Sherri McUne MacArthur

No comments:

Post a Comment