Thursday, May 15, 2014




I honestly believe the key to strengthening the future of our country lies in focusing on and strenthening our families.  We MUST have devoted fathers and exemplary mothers. Obviously, every woman has the privilege of pursuing any personal and/or career dream she has...as does any man but take it from a boy who grew up in a very troubled family and is still paying for it 69 years later....and from a psychologist who has treated disturbed and struggling teenagers and young adults who have said over and over "I am proud of my parents accomplishments--but I would have preferred to have them at the table after school to eat cookies with me, watch me player soccer, and snuggle up and read a good book with me."
Kids want parents--not CEO's who secondarily are parents.  Please do not misunderstand me---I am not discrediting accomplished parents. Many have achieved much and have been awesome parents at home. The world is a better place because of their accomplishments.... BUT I HAVE SPENT FORTY YEARS IN THE TRENCHES WITH MOMS AND DADS AND KIDS STRUGGLING TO MAINTAIN GOOD MENTAL HEALTH, SELF ESTEEM, AND WHO WANT TO BE EMBRACED BY THE LOVE OF PARENTS WHO PUT THEM NUMBER ONE.  THEY PLEAD FOR IT OVER AND OVER...BEHIND CLOSED DOORS IN THE PSYCHOLOGIST'S OFFICE...WHERE I WORKED FOR NEARLY 40 YEARS.  I AM NOT GUESSING. I AM SURE.  FAMILIES MUST BE FIRST.

"Children do not know how their parents love them, and they never will till the grave closes over those parents, or till they have children of their own."  Edmund Vance Cook

"The mother in her office holds the key of the soul; and she it is who stamps the coin of character."  Author unknown

"The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family."  Thomas Jefferson

"To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition."  Samuel Johnson

"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."  George Moore

Have a nice day. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment