Wednesday, May 28, 2014




I was watching the news on TV the other night and saw one story after another about murder, accidents, robberies and many other troublesome aspects of our lives.
I know why they are there---we want to see them.  Maybe it makes us feel better to NOT be featured in such news events...we feel more OK by watching them and privately saying "I am glad I am not there.."  Just a guess...not sure.

But today I want to talk about GOODNESS.  Why do we not see a series of news stories about acts of goodness that occur in our communities?  Would they not inspire us to be better and be the authors of more goodness?
Maybe we are just interested in COMFORT rather than in GOODNESS?

I read this quote in a book the other day (in A Dictionary of Thought by Runes)..........

"Goodness is held in such low regard that it takes  courage to profess it."

Do you think that is true based upon your experience?

Have a nice day. Jim MacArthur

No comments:

Post a Comment