Saturday, June 21, 2014




We study societies in the history of civilization trying to learn from them so that OUR TOMORROW is improved and fruitful.

I am not an expert on world history but I do find it fascinating and I love to read about it.

I have an opinion about societies that are healthy and endure..........imagine ME with an opinion!! :)

This may surprise you.......but if I could identify ONE SINGLE CHARACTERISTIC that I think is indicative of a truly healthy society (and thus one we would like to build and keep) it would be........................................................................ (do I hear a drum roll?)....................................................................................  MODESTY.

That surprise you?  I think MODESTY is a sign of "ego" that is held in proper bounds and it is a sign of a society that may lean toward being more selfless.  Anyway, MODESTY can be interpreted many ways but hopefully you catch the "spirit" of the word with its various applications in the society we live in today. Think about it.

Have a nice day. Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment