Wednesday, June 11, 2014



OK...so I have the coolest "here is what I learned from a dog" story........

I go walking every morning and I pass by many streets and houses that are the same as I follow a certain "route" during my walk...

EVERY morning, when I pass by a certain house with a chain link fence around it, the SAME LITTLE DOG comes flying off the porch of his house and tears along the fence as I walk by .......BARKING as if the world was coming to an end!  I usually compliment him for his tenacity and he snorts and huffs and puffs and then heads back to sit down on his porch after I continue down the street.

So, today I had an epiphany....I realized that little dog was teaching me an important lesson .. I imagined what he was thinking in DOG THOUGHTS....here is what I imagined......

I am protecting my turf and my family who is inside asleep.  This guy walks by every day and he MUST know by now that he is not going to set one foot on our family turf...because I AM HERE...I AM DOING MY SWORN DUTY TO PROTECT....I am ALWAYS here...YOU CAN COUNT ON ME TO DO MY DOGLY DUTY.  And I just did it once again...and I was victorious and faithful once again...I KNOW that because I am watching that SAME MAN go on down the street.....he is looking back and KNOWS I did my duty and I know he will NEVER set foot on MY property.  I am A TRUE DOG...TRUE TO MY DUTY TO PROTECT MY TURF AND MY FAMILY.  Ha, it is GREAT  to be a dog who knows who he is and knows what he is here to do....you humans might learn something from me if you pay attention,

That is what I learned from my little dog buddy who barks at me every morning as I walk by his turf...he is clearly saying to me....This is MY HOUSE...and I will defend it every day of of my life....huff, puff, snort, tail up in the air to signify conquest...having done his rightful duty....what a great little dog.

Such commitment and devotion......

Have a nice day. Jim


1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. This one is great. I love following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete